Dog Eye Wash and Eye Wipes
Dog Eye Cleaner
Checking your dog’s health includes looking after his or her eyes. The eyes should be clear of any sticky residue or excessive tears.
There are some dogs that are just naturally tearier and result in eye crust build-up easily. Tear stains are common among many dog breeds, especially among Maltese, Pekingese, and Shih-Tzu that are prone to excessive tearing. It is important to note that tear stains can be harmful to dogs as they easily breed bacteria.
Being a responsible dog parent, you should clean your pup’s eyes to remove the eye crust and tear stains to prevent your pup from contracting infections caused by the bacteria or suffer from skin irritation. Regular cleaning also helps your pup see better and ensure the health of your dog’s eyes.
Cleaning Your Dog's Eyes
This should be done regularly and consistently as it is an important step to keep your pooch eyes healthy. These can be done by using the following:
- Dogs Eye Wash
- Dogs Eye Wash Pads or Wipes
These are often used for:
(1) General eye care. This includes cleanses the eyes and eliminating tear stains.
(2) Remove dirt and debris from the eyes that is causing irritation and discomfort. Irritation can be due to dried mucus, pollen and any foreign particles in the eyes or in the air such as smog. It is important to remove these foreign elements as it can leads to the formation of germs and bacteria.
(3) Eye condition such as eye redness.
- Saline Solution for Dogs
You can use saline solution for dogs eyes to treat minor eye infection, relieve eye itchiness, soothe eye irritation, and flush out loose foreign objects like grass seeds. Using saline eye wash to rinse your dog’s eyes will flush away some of the tears before they discolour and leave a stain around your dog’s eyes. Before washing your dog eyes with saline solution, it is best for you to consult your vet.
We have selected some of the dog eye wash, dog eye wash pads or wipes, dog saline solution below for your consideration and selection.
Table of Contents
Our Top Picks: The Best Dog Eye Wash (Eye Rinse) and Dog Eye Wash Pads
If you want good recommendation on eye cleaner for dogs do check out the following:
Sterile Eye Wash for Dogs
- Recommended for dogs that suffer from common eye problems as a result of allergies or contact with pollutants from the air or foreign materials
- Sterile eye wash for dogs to flush out any foreign, harmful materials in the eyes and to soothe eyes that have been irritated by mucus, pollen, dust, hair, and other pollutants
- Soothes dog’s eye irritation and relieve discomfort, itching, dryness, and redness
- Formulated to be the same pH as normal tear fluid to lubricate & soothe the eyes
- Made in the USA, at a human-grade facility
Eye Rinse for Dogs
- Specially formulated for sensitive eyes
- Sterile, non-irritating ophthalmic solution that gently cleanses and soothes the eyes
- Removes debris, foreign material & excess particles from eyes
- Help relieve eye irritation and discomfort caused by foreign material, dried mucus, pollen, dust & other irritants
- Remove tear stains and help to slow down their formation
- Contains boric acid, a common irrigation solution for cleaning and treating eye infections and irritations
MicrocynAH Ophthalmic Eye Gel
- Safely cleanses and relieves eye irritation without any undesired effects
- This eye cleaning solution can be used to clean and remove contaminants or pollutants that plague your dog’s eyes
- Relieve eyes affected by burning, stinging, and itching
- Can also be used for flushing and cleaning wounds and irritations to the eye
- Safe and non-toxic. Free of steroids, alcohol, and antibiotics
- Besides the eyes, it can also be used around the mouth, nose, and ears
- Veterinarian recommended & made in the USA
Antimicrobial Eye Wash
- Non-stinging eye wash solution
- Gently cleans your dog’s eyes and the surrounding tissue to help relieve irritation and burning
- Remove debris & relieve eye irritations caused by mucous, pollen, and other irritants
- Treat redness, itching, stinging, and allergy symptoms
- Clean & remove tear stains to keep your dog’s fur surrounding the eye clean and free of the bacteria
- Safe if licked or ingested
- Veterinarian recommended & made in the USA
Sterile Eye Wash For Dogs
- Sterile eye wash for dogs
- Soothing formula to clean and remove irritating eye debris
- Non-stinging eye irrigation formula
- Specifically formulated to safely clean and gently removes uncomfortable debris from the eyes
- Contain boric acid, beneficial in fighting eye infections
- Gentle and effective
- Made in USA
Gold Medal Pets
Eye Cleaner for Dogs
- Gentle formula for sensitive eyes
- Sterile ophthalmic irrigating solution
- Soothing eye cleansing solution
- Gently flushes away foreign matter and relieves eye itching and irritation caused by dust, dried mucus, hair clippings, pollen, dirt, ragweed, other irritants
- Boric acid eye wash for fighting eye infections
- You can use this after swimming to wash away chlorine.
- Made in USA
Artero Pretty Eyes
Eye Care Lotion for Dogs
- Specially developed to gently care for your dog’s eye area
- Regular use of this product helps combat the problems caused by over-active tear ducts and tear staining
- This gentle formula gently removes dirt and completely eliminate tear stains when using as directed
- Made in Spain
Eye Envy - Dog Tear Stain Remover
- Safely remove your pup unsightly tear stains with non-irritating, natural ingredients
- Effectively target the root of the problem by controlling and stopping the growth of bacteria that leads to unsightly, smelly tear stains
- Safe for dogs of all ages, including puppies
- Zero preservatives, antibiotics (Tylosin), bleach, peroxide, or other harsh chemicals
- Made in the USA
Burt's Bees Dog Eye Wash
Saline Solution For Dogs
- Made with saline solution to mimic dog’s own tears to cleanse the eyes and flush out debris
- Gentle natural eye cleanser that is safe, effective, and easy to use
- pH Balanced for Dogs
- Made with high quality & all-natural ingredients
- Safe way to clean your dog’s sensitive eyes without any harmful chemicals or irritants
- 100% Free from parabens, fragrances, sulphates, colorants, and harsh chemicals
- Suitable for puppies above 8 weeks old, and dogs of all life stages
- Made in the USA
- Miracle Care’s Sterile Eye Wash pads are pre-soaked pads for your convenience.
- Non-stinging formula that provides soothing and gentle care. It is specifically formulated to clean and remove uncomfortable eye debris.
- Fast and easy to useSafe for dogs and cats
- 180 pads in container.
- Made in USA.
- Presoaked and textured wipes used to remove dried mucus, secretions, and tear stains
- Reduces eye irritations and itching in your dog
- For dogs and can be use on puppies over 6 weeks
- Good for use daily to keep eye exterior clean and help reduce the risk of eye irritations.
- Contains 100 Presoaked wipes.
- Effective for dogs with crusty “sleepy” eyes and leaky discharge.
- Soft, Natural eye wipes that is free of chemicals and bleach.
- Wipes are enriched with eye sensitive natural ingredients, vitamins and Dead Sea minerals that are also good for skin and coat
- Good for puppies, adult and senior dogs with allergy free ingredients.
- Contains 100 wipes
Cleaning Dogs Eyes FAQ
Dog eye boogers are common, are often benign, even normal for some to have, as evidence of their eye drainage.
Regularly cleaning your dog’s eyes is a good healthy practice to keep your dog’s eyes clean, free from irritation, and to reduce the risk of eye infection.
You should regularly rinse the eyes when there are eye irritation or when you see mucous forming. By cleaning your dog’s eyes it could help prevent the eye boogers from causing eye infection.
Our canine pet eyes are constantly producing tears. A small amount of crusting is totally normal.
However it is important to recognize when there is a problem such as:
- a sudden change in the nature or amount of your dog’s eye discharge
- if your dog’s eyes are matted shut
- if you notice there seems to be changes in your dog’s vision
- if your pooch is squinting and you notice swelling or redness that accompanies the eye discharge
If you notice any of the above symptoms, you should bring your dog to a vet for an eye examination. There are different eye issues so its best to let your vet do a proper eye examination.
You can clean your dog’s eyes using different methods and technique. The way you choose will depend largely on the purpose of cleaning. Here are the common ways:
- Eye drops. If your dog has dry eyes, or has something in the eyes, you can apply eye drops to clean their eyes. Saline eye drops will be a good option.
- Eye wipes. If you want to remove eye crust, or remove tear stain, you can use dog eye wipes. These specially designed dog eye wipes contain ingredients to dissolve the crust. Gently wipe around your pup’s eyes without touching the eyeball.
- Eye wash. If you want to flush out debris or any irritants, you can use a specially formulated eye wash for your dogs.
Eye Rinse for Dogs Conclusion
Dogs gets eye’s irritation from common pollutants found in homes and when they are out in the open. When this situation like these happens, you can quickly rinses and cleanses the eyes using some of the dog eye washes we have suggested above. Your tender loving care will keep your dog’s eyes clear and clean allowing them to see better.