High Protein Dog Food
High Protein Dog Food
Protein is a key nutrient for dogs. The Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) recommends a minimum of 18 percent protein, and that protein should contain the essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of the the protein in your dog’s body. AAFCO is a voluntary membership association of local, state, and federal agencies charged by law to regulate the sale and distribution of animal feeds (including dog and cat foods) and animal drug remedies. The organization defines and establishes regulations for pet food and feed ingredients, as well as sets standards for nutritional adequacy.
The 10 essential amino acids are arginine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan and valine. High-quality meat, organ meat, fish and eggs contain these essential amino acids needed to keep your dog healthy. Poor quality dog food may not contain these necessary amino acids.
Benefits of Protein
- Muscle Growth – contributes to a growth in muscle mass
- Muscle Mass – supports and maintain muscle mass
- Bone Development – important for growth and bone development.
- Healthy Bones – supports to the maintenance of normal bones.
- Energy – protein provides energy for your dog.
High Protein Dog Food Key Benefits
- Maximizes Growth and Development – A high activity level dog will need more protein to grow, maintain and repair their protein-dependent muscles and organs.
- Increase Energy Levels – High protein provides more energy for your active dog.
- Improves Breeding Performance -Protein at high levels is also needed to support the nutritional needs of growing puppies, pregnant and lactating females.
Quality High Protein Dog Food
Buying a commercial dog food with high quality protein ingredients is important as high quality proteins contain all the essential amino acids in adequate amounts; and this is a great way to increase way the amount of protein in your dog’s diet.
Top 10 Best High Protein Dog Food
We have evaluated top rated high protein dog food brands like Pedigree, Taste of the Wild, IAMs, Victor, Purina, Blue Buffalo, Diamond Naturals, Solid Gold. Here is our review and recommendation for your consideration.
- Victor Classic – Hi-Pro Plus, Dry Dog Food
- Nutrient-dense recipe made with premium-quality beef, chicken, pork and fish meals
- Excellent for dogs that need high levels of quality protein, like growing puppies and pregnant or nursing females
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, protein and amino acids
- Formulated with our scientifically advanced, proven VICTOR Core ingredients to promote healthy immune and digestive systems.
- Superior digestibility aids in less food intake for a better pound-for-pound value. Made from gluten free grains.
- One (1) 26 pound Bag – Purina Beneful natural, high protein dry dog Food, High protein with a blend of chicken & Beef
- Natural formula with added vitamins and minerals
- 26 percent protein to help support your dog’s strong muscles, including a healthy heart
- Real chicken is the number 1 ingredient
- Made with a blend of real U.S. Raised chicken and REAL farm-raised beef.
- Contains twelve (12) 12. 5-oz cans of BLUE Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Wet Dog Food, Beef & Chicken Grill
- PACKED WITH REAL BEEF AND CHICKEN: This grain free dog food contains more of the meat dogs love including real beef and chicken.
- FEED THREE WAYS: High protein BLUE Wilderness adult dog food makes a delicious treat, adds interest mixed into their favorite dry foods or can be fed as a meal on its own
- NATURAL DOG FOOD: All BLUE canned dog foods are made with the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: BLUE wet dog food contains NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, NO corn, wheat (a common thickening agent used by many other brands) or soy, and NO artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete Real Meat Recipe High Protein Dry Dog Food With Real Cage Free Chicken Protein 40Lb
- HIGH quality PROTEIN made with real CAGE FREE chicken, tailored for an EXTREME ATHLETE to get an optimal amino acid profile for LEAN, STRONG MUSCLES
- High protein ingredients with added vitamins & minerals; fruits and vegetables as SUPERFOODS for hard-working ANTIOXIDANTS; fatty acid blend for SKIN & COAT
- Nutrient rich and HIGHLY DIGESTIBLE with PROPRIETARY PROBIOTICS that survive and thrive in the GI tract; at guaranteed levels
- FAMILY OWNED & run, MADE in the USA.
- NO corn, wheat, filler; NO ARTIFICIAL flavors, colors, or preservatives added.
- NATURAL GRAIN-FREE: holistic natural grain-free & gluten-free high protein dry dog food recipe specially crafted for overall health and lean muscles in active dogs of all breeds sizes and life stages including puppy and senior.
- HIGH PROTEIN, LOW CARBOHYDRATE RECIPE: With 41% crude protein barking at the moon is one of the highest protein recipes on the market. ideal for fueling active dogs, ensuring their unique nutritional needs are met.
- HIGH-QUALITY REAL MEAT: responsibly sourced usa-produced beef provides a dense source of protein. whole egg provides a complete source of essential amino acids that are vital for lean muscle development and a healthy active metabolism.
- PROTECTED PROBIOTICS: Combined with fiber-rich prebiotics, our patented, protected probiotics stay alive and viable until consumed, helping your pet achieve optimal digestive and gut health.