Best Dog GPS Tracker & Smart Collars For Pets
Smart Dog Collar (GPS Dog Collar)
Get to always know your dog’s location with GPS dog collars or GPS trackers. Most of these smart dog collars will allow pet parents to track their furry kids location, track their activities and behavior, as well as monitor their fitness. GPS trackers are small enough for many dogs. These wearable tracking devices will provide you with instant notifications and real-time tracking. You can get notified by app, text or email when your dog leaves a particular place. Locating them is easy with real-time GPS tracking using AT&T nationwide network and Google Maps.
Some of the more sophisticated models will have add-on benefits on providing preventive healthcare for your dog such as monitoring your dog’s health and fitness. That is, the smart collar device could be able to track the dog’s behaviors such as licking, scratching, sleeping and activity levels weekly and thereby catching potential abnormal changes in behaviour patterns for better preventive healthcare.
To use, simply follow these simple steps:
- Download the mobile app – the app is use to locate your dog’s position in real time and monitor your dog history information.
- Select a subscription or service plan if necessary – to connect to AT&T, America’s cellular network. The plan enables data to be pass between the GPS device and app so as to pinpoint your dog’s location and activities. For trackers that is free of any service fee, typically their tracking distance is limited to a specific tracking distance depending on the wireless transmission technology of the device.
- Attach the GPS tracker to your dog’s collar.
We have selected some of the best GPS dog collars (smart dog collars) for consideration and selection. These include popular and high quality brands such as WHISTLE, LINK AKC, BLACK AND DECKER, GARMIN, PETBIZ, and SPORTDOG TEK.
Table of Contents
Best Smart Dog Collar & Pet GPS Tracker
Here are our "Top Picks" on the top-rated smart dog collar and pet tracker equipped with GPS technology to track your dog activities, and trace their location.
- Accurate and energy-efficient pet tracker
- Combines new LTE technology for even more peace of mind
- Unlimited range – let you see your dog’s location and activity levels almost everywhere in the world
- Activity monitoring. You can check and monitor your dog’s fitness and activity levels
- Location history & heatmap. Find out where your dog has been, and your pup’s favorite places for hang out
- Live GPS tracking to locate them on your phone in real time, and get updates every 2 – 3 seconds
- Virtual Fence. Get notified the moment your dog leaves one of your safe zones or wanders a bit too far from home
- GPS tracker’s flexible rubber clip is designed to comfortably fit your dog’s neck without disturbing the movement, and it adapts to dog collar of different sizes, thanks to an adjustable rubber clip
- 100% waterproof IPX7. Shock resistant and adventure-proof
- Small & lightweight, slightly above 1.2oz (35g) and works for dogs of all sizes – from Chihuahuas to Bullmastiffs
- Long-lasting and rechargeable battery. Lasts up to 5 days on a single charge
- GPS collar that enables you to create a boundary area anywhere and let your dog run freely inside it.
- Unlike other virtual fence solutions, Spoton uses GPS and does not require a buried wire, base station, or even cellular service.
- You walk the perimeter and set the boundary on the collar. That means you can also take it wherever you go – use it at home, when you’re on the go, or if you move.
- You can activate full connectivity to track your dog to within 10 feet—with updates every 6 seconds.
- SpotOn uses three satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo) to create a reliable containment area for your dog—these are the satellites the FAA and US military uses for navigation
- Create fences of any shape and size from 1/2 acre to 1000 acres, and allow you to save up to 10 unique virtual smart fences, of almost any shape or size and store up to 10 maps.
- The SpotOn app allows you to name, activate, and deactivate maps; see your pup’s location at the touch of a button; get escape notifications; and automatically track your pup if she leaves the yard
- Manage it all from your smartphone. View maps, get breach alerts, and track your dog
- Waterproof. SpotOn Collar carries an IP67 rating, so your pup can splash, swim, and play in the rain. Built to last, our collar can handle your dog’s wildest adventures.
- Real-time GPS location tracking with Google Maps & AT&T network
- Location alert via email, text, or app notification sent to you when your pet leaves a designated safe place
- Health Monitoring with notifications and wellness reports that monitor behaviours like licking, scratching, sleeping
- Activity Tracking – Set fitness goals based on breed, age, weight. Track calories burned, distance travelled, minutes active & more
- Spot your dog in the dark by turning on the built-in light via the app
- Waterproof. Rated IPX 8, submerge up to 6ft
- Lasts up to 20 days on a single charge
- Location tracking in United States with GPS tracking enabled by AT&T. Works with iOS and Android.
- Activity Monitoring with activity goals customised by AKC to your dog’s age, breed, and size to allow for accurate daily activity monitoring.
- Adventures feature allows you to record, remember and share walks and adventures with your dog.
- Temperature alert. Be notified when your dog’s environment may be too hot or cold.
- Dog smart collar with a remote turn-on LED light so you can see and be seen for safety.
- Wearable smart dog collar to track your dog’s activity, location, store vet records, set health care reminders & more.
- Has top mounted, high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver for increased signal reception.
- This tracking and training dog device with collar is tough enough for wherever your dog runs, up to 9 miles away.
- The stimulation features let you train each dog separately — traditional stimulation allows you to make quick changes (low, medium or high) within a predetermined stimulation level (1-6), whereas linear stimulation allows progressively more stimulation from levels 1 to 18.
- Smaller physical size – designed for smaller breeds measuring as small as 9.5 inches neck circumference.
- Can remotely operate the LED beacon lights which are built in to the dog device enabling you to locate your dog in low-light conditions.
- Rugged and water resistant to 10 meters.
- Product comes with a 1-inch red collar strap. Replacement straps are available in multiple colors (sold separately).
- Battery Life is from 20 to 40 hours.
- Get fast alerts when your pet leaves or enters safe zone (Wi-Fi location)
- Live tracking and tracking history –
- Pinpoint your pet location every 10-200 meters by GPS, Wi-Fi tracking.
- Activity and Fitness Tracker – see calories burned, minutes active and distance traveled.
- A compact and lightweight pet tracker with visible LED light, secure fit with most collars or harness, it’s comfortable to wear for your dog.
- Tracker comes in ipx7 swim-proof rugged case design.
- Averaging 30 days battery life. Get alert when power is lower than 30%.
- This GPS dog finder receives and displays your dog’s GPS Collar location, along with your location, on the compact Handheld Device’s easy-to-read topographical map.
- TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking System provides enhanced tracking range, accuracy and reliability by using both GPS and GLONASS satellites.
- Preloaded with 1:100,000 full-color topology maps keep you on course while the system provides feedback on your dog’s location.
- Using HopTek technology can track up to 21 Collars/Handhelds with dog(s) up to 10 miles away.
- GPS Collar uses DryTek technology making it waterproof and submersible up to 25 feet, enabling you to use this product to in any weather or terrain.
- Using rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, the GPS Collar Receiver charges in 4 hours and lasts about 24 hours per charge, while the compact Handheld Device charges in 8 hours and lasts about 12 hours per charge.
When you are out with you dog, by always knowing where your dog is gives you a peace of mind. Through technology such as GPS, you can pinpoint your dog’s precise location with live tracking. In addition, you get to monitor behaviors that may be early-warning signs of potential health issues. All these benefits, makes the smart GPS dog collar device a useful aid to have for your lovely dog.